Making a tree house

Last term I built a tree hut with my classmates in Room 6. The materials I collected from home were string, foil, a big box and long cardboard poles. The first thing I did was I took my box and I cut out two windows with some scissors. 

Then I glued the hut onto one strong pole which was in the middle of my hut. I thought it might fall over but it didn’t. I decided to use two bricks joined together under the pole so it couldn’t fall over. 

Instead of a door I decided to use a window and I made a rope ladder to get inside.  The roof was made from plastic sheets and cardboard. I wanted it to be strong and not let any water inside.

On the last day I painted a Tongan flag on it and I used toilet paper rolls for a bed. I also made a poster called tfl. When I was done with my hut we did testing with our huts. The first one was when we put them in front of the fanand let the wind blow for 10 seconds. Second, we put scissors on the tree hut to test for weight and then we went outside to take a fun class photo of all our tree huts. In the end we did the water resistant test. Mrs Yumul poured water over our huts to see if any went inside. Mine was safe. It was a fun day and we took our tree huts home.