Preparing for Athletics day

After morning tea we went on the field and we met Coach Bart. He taught us how to sprint in a square and we were running on our heels and toes and up high and down low. Then he taught us to run with the opposite leg and with the left arm and bend our knees when we are running.

After that we played a game called sheepdog and it was a game when two people had to tag us with pool noodles but only on the hip not on the head or the shoulder. When we get tagged we had to run around the cones and then come back in the game. We were having fun and getting tired of running away from the taggers who were Sione and Mari .

Then we practiced running fast to touch the wall then and then coming  back. We also practiced saying ready set go and  then  we were racing. It was a lot of work. After that Coach Bart changed it and we had to run after the runner. I got him  and then we ran back.

Coach Bart gave us different animals and he told us to lie down and place the animal at the top of our heads to test our height. We had to jump over it. Then he told us to bend our legs and swing our arms. On my first try I made it but some people did not make it. On my second try I made it again and then we had to give back our animals. That was the end of the game. We all said bye and we all can’t wait for next week.

4 thoughts on “Preparing for Athletics day

1. Kia ora I’m Theo from St Pats
    I love the way you put in the hard work by sharing so much information it was funny and amazing when you describe about your heels and toes you are good at writing because your writing makes sense and you used paragraphs to show your ideas.

2. Malo lelei Im Tuakalau from St Patrick’s school. I liked the way you wrote the sentences correctly edit them.

3. Malo lelei I’m Grace from St Patrick’s School. When I read your post I learnt how to run so fast and jump so far. This shined because you wrote your sentences in paragraphs and also added a picture to show how much fun you were having.